The Goals and Objectives of the SHA
The Serbian Heritage Academy of Canada (SHA) is a non-profit registered charity organization whose mission is to support and encourage activities that deal with important cultural, educational, historical and social issues that relate to the Canadian-Serbian Community in Canada and Serbian heritage in general. More specifically, SHA advances the following goals:
- To support the development of the Serbian Language, literature, history, education, music, fine arts and folklore, including all other subjects in the field of the Humanities and Social Sciences related to the Serbian cultural heritage.
- To further the development, coordination and financing of Serbian studies, research and publications.
- To assist in establishment and development of the creative and stimulating contacts among scholars, writers, artists and other experts in the field of Serbian studies.
- To organize lectures, conferences, seminars, workshops, exhibitions, concerts and other cultural and educational activities of a similar kind.
- To publish works of value for the preservation and development of the Serbian heritage as well as promote such books, journals, literature, films, music, folklore and all other means of communication and information.
- To support the establishment and development of Serbian studies in the Canadian Universities and other educational institutions. To maintain relations with similar centers, institutions and organizations outside Canada and assist in exchange of scholars and students.
- To collect, preserve and make available for use, written and oral history of the Serbian nation.
- To provide short and long term help, humanitarian help, as well as settlement and immigration services for newcomers and immigrants.